September 14th – THERE IS A QUIZ ON FRIDAY COVERING STATISTICS
- If students can define and find these they will do fine:
- Mean – average (add and divide the sum by the number of data points)
- Median – what is the exact middle of the data points when in order?
- Mode – what data point(s) occurs the most (MODE=MOST)
- Range – What is the difference between the highest and lowest data point?
- Statistical and Non-Statistical Questions
- Statistical – more than one possible correct answer (nosey questions)
- Non-Statistical – only one possible correct answer (facts)
- Simple Graphs of data (Histograph, Dot points)
- Dave Bentley
- 6th Grade Special Educator
- Riverside Middle School
- Springfield, Vermont
Many of you may have become acquainted with me through the years as I have worked within the Springfield School District as a substitute teacher. In addition, I volunteered for several years alongside my wife, Mrs. Bentley, at Elm Hill in her classroom and with after-school drama programs. It has been a great experience working with some of the highest quality teachers and Para educators in education.
Last year I completed my Masters Degree in teaching with an internship at Riverside working with the 7th Grade team teaching English with Mr. Vandivere. This Fall I am honored to rejoin the team at Riverside full-time where I will be working with the 6th grade team as their special education teacher.
There are many things that I would like people to know about me, but most importantly I want you to be assured of my commitment to your students. I love working with young adolescents in the middle school and do not take lightly the level of trust that you have placed in me and the school to care for and educate your children. Having the opportunity to help students entering middle school make the transition to a different school and system of education is both challenging and exciting. I approach my role as a calling, which is more than a career choice or simply a job. During these pivotal years it is my goal to provide students with the tools they will need to find success at the middle school and in the years beyond.
Please feel free to connect with me if I can be of assistance to you, or if you have questions concerning your student’s education. If I do not know the answer to your question I will work with you to find the answers you need.
Looking forward to the Adventure of the School Year,