It is Time to Turn Back
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH VIOLENCE AND HATE?
Bloodshed, violence, hatred, people displaying such horrible darkness, this is what happens when the world turns its back on the God of heaven and earth. We should not be surprised. What we should do…what we must do…is repent and return. Notice what Psalm 68 declares for the people who turn to God and the people who live in rebellion:
- Let God arise, LET HIS ENEMIES BE SCATTERED;
- let those who hate Him FLEE before Him.
- As smoke is driven away, so DRIVE THEM AWAY;
- As wax melts before the fire,
- SO LET THE WICKED PERISH BEFORE GOD
- But let the righteous BE GLAD; let them EXULT before God;
- Yes, let them REJOICE WITH GLADNESS.
- Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
- Lift up a song for Him who rides through the deserts,
- Whose name is the LORD, and exult before Him.
- A FATHER OF THE FATHERLESS
- · A father to the fatherless offers protection and provision.
- and a JUDGE FOR THE WIDOWS,
- · A judge for the widows is an advocate for the defenseless
- Is God in His holy habitation.
- God makes A HOME FOR THE LONELY;
- · Home means family, and family is the remedy for loneliness
- He leads out the PRISONERS INTO PROSPERITY,
- · Prisoners who have been held wrongly by strong powers.
- ONLY THE REBELLIOUS LIVE IN A PARCHED LAND.
- · A stark contrast to the promised land and eternal heaven.
- (New American Standard Bible, emphasis added)
Dear people, please turn to God.
- · Turn to Him for Salvation in Jesus the Messiah!
- · Turn to His Spirit for guidance and wisdom!
- · Turn to His Word for revelation and truth!
- · Turn to Him in prayer for daily walking with Him!
- · Turn to His Church for instruction and fellowship!
This Sunday, find a church where you can learn about God and His plan for you. Find a church that preaches and teaches from the Bible. Find a church that calls you to prayer and leads you in worship.
If you are in the area, I invite you to Wallingford Baptist Church in Wallingford, Vermont. We meet at 10:00 on Sundays. We would be happy to welcome you.